Who makes the best cholent in Chicago? Lake Shore Drive Synagogue….
LSD will be hosting a bi-weekly cholent cook-off where you can cook, taste, and judge for yourself.
A cholent cook-off is a friendly cooking competition in which participants prepare their best version of cholent, a traditional Jewish stew typically cooked slowly overnight for the Sabbath day lunch. We will be preparing both regular and vegetarian cholent for these events.
If you would like to take part in our cook-off here are a few things to consider:
- Pick a date-all cooking will be done in the LSD kitchen on the Friday before Shabbat.
- Confirm your ingredients list-all must be kosher.
- Pots will be provided by the shul.
- Judging on Saturday will be done by all members and guests by placing a fork beside the one they like best.
- Enjoy the cholent with the rest of the shul kiddush, challah, salads and more.
Join Our Mailing List
Get all the news and events from Lake Shore Drive Synagogue delivered to your inbox.